Monday, May 4, 2015

It's a Spring Fling! (April Faves)

I´ve tried quite different things this past month and I´m excited to show you.
Every month I´ll take you through the stuff I've tried and loved for you to have an idea of what is it I enjoy.

Disclaimers: 
All of the products mentioned are either bought with my money or gifted by friends or family. NONE of this where sent to me by companies nor I get payed by talking about them, the thoughts and reviews on them are completely personal.
Excuse my awful nails and I promise I'll get better at taking pictures.

CK One
The all time classic is a super strong floral scent, which is something this gal, here is not used to but oddly has loved the entire past month. This used to be my parents perfume since is targeted for both genders. Since they happened to not like it anymore I asked them if I could take it and they said yes. This has become my monthly staple for April.

MAC Viva Glam Miley Lipstick
A color I though I would never buy since it looked so common or like something I already had. I ended up buying this just because of the fact that is Miley’s, but a nice twist to the story is the fact that I actually really like the pinky-red shade this actually is. 

L´Oreal Super Liner 
Probably the best marker type liner at the drugstore. Highly comparable to the Dior liner. I got this last month and loved it since the moment I applied it. It’s SUPER black and MEGA precise. The only downside to this is the fact that it does smudge on me since I have hooded eyes, but nothing some black shadow on top of the liner can´t solve.

Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction Body Butter
An oldie, but a goodie. I´ve repurchased this so may times it´s insane I’ll probably go through three of this a year and I’ve loved it for almost two years. The floral-sweet scent of this body butter has taken over any other body butter I´ve owned. I’ve tried many body butters but end up giving them up because I´ll end up missing the scent of this one. Call me crazy but I believe I´m obsessed.

Revlon Perfumerie Nail Polish (Ginger Melon)

The scent, the color and the staying power of this nail polish is INSANE. The scent is a very fruity sweet scent and the color is a pink coral color that has taken over my heart. I remember getting this around October last year and loving the color and this month I’ve worn it almost every weekend and falling in love with this again.

One And Only Argan Oil Treatment
I´ve owned this for a while now. I believe I’ve had it for almost two years this summer time, but no doubt this makes my hair SUPER smooth and shiny. I´ve tried many argan oil products but his is competing with some of the best in the market and it´s not so expensive, which gives this a boost to the top of the list because if you buy argan oil, you know it’s not the most budget friendly thing for you hair, even though it will make wonders on it.

MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick
The past month I had the opportunity to attend a congress and discuss some subjects relating electronic waste, the thing with this congresses is that fact that you have to dress quite formally, let’s call it "work attire". I believe a red lip is the most staple and empowering product on a lady. It will always say you mean business. So I wore this to this congress and LOVED how it looked with a winged liner. This has an amazing long lasting staying power, I believe it’s because it’s a retro matte finish which can be a bit drying on the lips, though it makes the lipstick last a LONG and I mean LONG time on the lips. Just make sure you don’t have any flakiness going on and it will look amazing.


Wet and Wild Color Icon Petal Pusher Eye Shadow Palette
This is a stunning collection of eight shades to create an amazing natural or smoky look of a daily base. What I love about this is the fact that they are purple shades! I have brown eyes and purple shadows makes brown eyes pop like nothing in this world does. I've loved the lighter shades with a winged liner and a bold lip to create a gorgeous everyday look without making a clown out of your face.

The Funny Story Behind This Necklace 
This necklace actually part of a dress I got last year for an event I attended. This had the most awful green flowers sewed into it and made me so mad because my dress was bright neon pink and I didn't actually like the fact that these flowers where green and not pretty, so I wore the dress with no necklace. Oddly last month while going through my jewelry drawer I found it and had the amazing idea of chopping those flowers off and I ended up with this necklace, which I now love.

Essence All About Nude Eye Palette
Another shadow palette I love because of the lighter shades in it. The awesome thing about this is the quality/price relation to it. This is ridiculously inexpensive for the good quality product you get. Maybe the packaging is not the best, but what's on the inside is what counts. 



I hope you found this helpful and enjoyed reading about some small reviews of my faves for the past month.
Don't be afraid to tweet or comment if you have any doubts or questions on any of the products mentioned.
Remember the disclaimer I made at the beginning of the post.

XO, Irene

Camara: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Canon 50mm 
The images where not edited for true color purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment